Do you Run like This?
This program can help you run easier and faster and with less risk of overuse or injury
Our program is suitable for athletes of all ages and can be completed at home or at a park/court in 15-30 minutes a day.
What you will work on through this program:
- The six key qualities to look for in good running technique,
- how to correctly video your running in slow motion and
- The best running drills for improving efficiency, lightness and speed.
Everything you need to complete the program is inside.
- A progressive sprint specific strength program
- Speed and acceleration training timetable
- Drills & Skills library to help you isolate and work on your running weak points.
- Runners warm up, a guide to improve your flexibility, mobility and prime your body to run fast.
- Daily training workbook to log your progress and improvements.
Everything you need to run faster and easier
Coach Jacob Tober explains more about the program
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this program for?
Anyone who is already running but wants to become faster, lighter and more efficient.
Designed as a general speed development program aimed at helping athletes from all sports, ages and skill levels improve their running technique, power and efficiency.
This seven week program is beneficial for everyone, but people who fit into the following categories are likely to see the greatest benefits:
- Teenage team and ball sport athletes who are not able to match the speed of their teammates and classmates
- Young adults who are already strong and powerful but still lack the quickness and explosiveness on the court of field
- Adult recreational runners who are looking to improve their distance running efficiency
- Any athlete who has a history of injuries* or pain associated with running (shin splints, runners knee etc)
*PLEASE NOTE: This is not a rehabilitation program designed to fix or cure any injury or pathology, this program is for healthy runners looking to improve their efficiency and running technique. Poor technique can be associated with injury risk and therefore improved technique can help with injury risk.
I am currently injured or have recently been injured, should I start this program?
The program is designed to help athletes who are currently pain free improve their running technique, efficiency and speed.
The program is progressive in nature and places a big focus on the technical components of running. However if you have not been running or running currently causes you joint or sharp muscular pain then this program is not for you currently.
If you are beginning this program after having completed the Core Advantage Osgood Schlatters program and are currently pain free and have completed that program, then yes, this program should be suitable for you.
What results can I expect with this program?
The results while doing this program will vary wildly, depending largely on your current training history, movement skill and base line speed.
However, no matter your starting point when beginning this program, all athletes are able to achieve the following:
- Improved economy and efficency when running
- Lighter, easier running style at all running velocities
- Greater running fitness and stamina
- Better acceleration and first step reactivity
- Greater top speed potential
- Lowered injury risk when running
- Faster recovery from workouts
- Increased strength and flexibility specific to running
Will this program improve my 40 Yard or 20m sprint time?
While running and sprinting is a multi-factorial skill, almost all athletes who follow this program will see some improvements in their timed sprints.
The biggest emphasis of this program is on the often forgotten quality of movement skill, a crucial component to ensure you run and sprint with a posture, alignment and technique that optimises your bodies inbuilt elasticity and power.
Over the six week program you should see a gradual improvement in not only your speed, but also the amount of effort required to run fast. As you become both faster and lighter over the ground.
Weaker athletes who are currently not the quickest on their team are likely to see the greatest improvements mostly thanks to newbie gains, but advanced athletes will still benefit tremendously from this program.
Can I do this program in-season?
This program can be done at any time in your athletic year. The program is progressive in nature and is designed to focus on quality not quantity, with each short workout designed to build your movement skills and deliver a small dose of high intensity speed work.
What do I need to do the program?
Not much, just space, gravity and a foam roller.
You will need at least 30m of straight even ground to run along (a park, basketball court or football field is perfect).
Our preferred surface would be a grass in-field or soccer pitch. Second best would be a basketball court or indoor facility with sprung floor boards. The best place to run is on a surface you are familiar training on.
You will also need a foam roller for the runners warm up that the program teaches you.
Improve Your Speed, Stamina and Acceleration in under seven weeks
Join the Program Now $55 USD