Three Foundational Principles of Strength and Conditioning
Core training can be a controversial topic.
With so many different schools of thought on core functionality there remains plenty of conjecture as to how we best optimise strength, power and endurance adaptations in the core.
In part three of the Foundations Series we unpack our core training continuum, how we progress and build core strength in our athletes and clients.
Module 1: Core Training Continuum
Extra Resources and Content
Core Strength Development
- Our Multifidus activation video and article
- TVA Study #1, 1996, Hodges & Richardson
- TVA Study #2, 1997, Hodges & Richardson
- A review paper into Multifidus and back pain, 2010
- Our article and video on spinal forces
- Our article and video on sit ups
- Our article and video on lower back pain
- Our answer to the 5 minute ab workouts
- How we coach the plank
- Our article on some of our favourite and least favourite core exercises
- Podcast on core training (spotify link)