Unit 1: Computer Skills
Whether you like it or not, we live in a technology driven world.
Social media, cloud computing, email and software form integral components of our daily working lives. How you harness these technologies plays a huge role in your ability to function in high performance environments.
In this unit we will be covering some of the most important skills, tips hacks to make you a computer power user.
Module 1: Computer Power User
(48 minutes) *This module does not yet contain the shortcuts, these will be incorporated shortly.
Module 2: Security in the Digital World
Module 3: Browsing the Web
Module 4: Teambuildr Workshop
Module 5: Excel Workshop
You can download a copy of the spreadsheet built during the class here
Extra Resources and Content
- PDF document with most of the best shortcuts (with Windows and Mac equivalents)
- Dual screen feature on Windows
- Link to learn more about Colemak
- Using CAPS as DELETE
- Touch typing test (the least worst we could find)
Touch typing training – great for fundamentals and retraining your pinky
- *This site also has a Colemak tutorial section if you scroll a little lower