EP.98 – Combine Testing Results – What separates great athletes from the rest
Podcast (38 Minutes) – With the first combine in the rearview mirror, we spent today’s episode taking a look into the stats and results of over 200 athletes to share with you the key factors that separate our best performers (top 10), the next best performers (11-20) and the rest of the population. With some obvious and not so obvious findings.
In this wide-ranging conversation we cover:
– The difference between correlation and causation (and the Nicholas Cage effect)
– How to improve your hand span to help you control the ball
– The impact of strength on both vertical leap and agility
– How one of our athletes improved their vertical leap by 23cm in 18 months (!)
– The difference between relative and absolute strength and which is more important
– The key physical quality to focus on for team sport athletes
– The complementary nature of strength and technique improvements in speed in junior athletes.
Some extra resources:
Random Thoughts is available in Podcast format on both iPhone and Android.
For iPhone, click this link and hit subscribe. that will automatically add all new episodes onto your iPhone as they are uploaded.
For Android, download Stitcher or Podcast Addict from the Google Play store (free) and search “Core Advantage Random Thoughts” and we will pop right up. You can subscribe and listen from there.
Alternatively, just search “Core Advantage Random Thoughts” in any podcast provider and we should pop straight up.
Then you can listen in the car, foam rolling, or while doing your 8:12s on the bike!